COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The following categories of personal information may be collected in connection with the Store Site:
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- Account information, such as the email and account password that you use to establish an online account on the Store Site, your month and day of birth, your employee number, and other information that you may provide when registering for an account.
- Transaction information, such as credit or debit card number, billing address, shipping address, and other order details.
- Order history, such as records of products and services you have purchased through the Store Site.
- Survey responses, such as the information you provide in response to surveys or questionnaires.
- Preferences, such as your preferences for receiving communications relating to the Store Site, and details about how you engage with such communications.
- Communications, such as the information associated with your requests or inquiries relating to the Store Site, including for support, assistance, or order information, and any feedback you provide when you communicate with customer service.
- Online activity information, such as the website you visited before browsing to the Store Site, pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Device information, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number , browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Inferences based on the personal information collected through the Store Site reflecting your preferences and behavior. For example, we may infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
Personal information may be obtained from a variety of sources, including the following sources:
- Personal Information You Provide. Your personal information is collected when you voluntarily submit it to us, such as when you fill out a form on the Store Site, register for an account, participate in a survey, or communicate with us.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, [and facilitating online advertising].
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of promotional campaigns.
- Local storage, which is used to save data on a visitor’s device. We use data from local storage to [turn on web navigation, store multimedia preferences, customize what we show you based on your past interactions with our services, remember your preferences[, and measure ad effectiveness].]
- Session-replay technologies, which are third-party software used to record a video replay of users’ interactions with the Store Site. The video replay may include users’ clicks, mouse movements, scrolls, typing, and other activity taken during the session. We use these replays for research and development purposes, such as to help us troubleshoot problems with the Store Site, understand how users interact with and use the Store Site, and identify areas for improvement.
- Personal Information Collected Offline. Your personal information will be collected when you call customer service, including a recording of customer service calls for quality assurance and training purposes.
- Personal Information Obtained from Third Parties. Your personal information may be collected from third parties, such as Company, our service providers, [advertising partners,] data analytics partners, or operating systems and platforms. We may merge or combine such personal information with the personal information we collect from you directly or automatically.
- Referrals. Users of the Store Site may have the opportunity to refer colleagues or other contacts to us and share their contact information. Please do not provide us with someone’s contact information unless you have their permission to do so.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Research and Development. Your personal information may be used for research and development purposes, including to study and improve the Store Site and our business, understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of users, and develop new features, functionality, products, and services. As part of these activities, we create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes.
- To Comply with Laws and Regulations. Your personal information may be used as necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- For Compliance, Fraud Prevention, and Safety. Your personal information may be used and disclosed to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Store Site and our products and services, business, databases, and other technology assets; (b) protect our, your, Company’s, or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (c) audit internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies; (d) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Store Site; and (e) prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf that are necessary for the orderly operation of the Store Site or our business. For example, we work with service providers that help us perform website hosting, customer service, maintenance services, database management, analytics, fraud protection, billing, shipping, customer service, and other purposes.
- [Advertising Partners. We may also share personal information with third parties who partner with us or Company for advertising campaigns or that collect information about your activity on the Store Site for the purposes described in the “Interest-Based Advertising” section above.]
- Authorities, Law Enforcement, and Others. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and other parties if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency) or for the purposes described above in the section titled “For Compliance, Fraud Prevention, and Safety.”
- Business Transaction Participants. We may disclose personal information to third parties in connection with any business transaction (or potential transaction) involving a merger, acquisition, sale of shares or assets, financing, consolidation, reorganization, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Store Site and it may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Do Not Track. Some browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. The Store Site currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- [[Access, Correction, or Deletion .
[OPTION B:] If you would like to access, correct, or delete your personal information collected in connection with the Store Site, [please call XXX-XXX-XXXX / click here [LINK] / email DPO@bdainc.com ]. BDA will process these requests on behalf and at the direction of Company. In some cases, such as where permitted by law, you may also authorize an agent to act on your behalf. To process your request, we reserve the right to confirm your residency and may need to confirm your identity and, if applicable, the identity and authority of the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
- Opt-Out of “Sales,” “Sharing,” or Targeted Advertising. In some jurisdictions, the disclosure of your personal information to analytics providers or advertising companies who collect your personal information automatically on the Store Site may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information. If you would like to opt-out of “sales,” “sharing,” or targeted advertising, please click here: [Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. ] You may also broadcast the Global Privacy Control (GPC) signal. Note that due to technological limitations, if you visit the Store Site from a different computer or device, or clear cookies on your browser that store your preferences, you will need to return to the link above to select your preferences or rebroadcast the GPC signal.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
The Store Site may contain links to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
BDA World Headquarters
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
15525 Woodinville-Redmond RD. NE.
Woodinville, WA 98072
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser when you visit the Store Site. It serves a variety of functions, like enabling us to remember certain information you provide to us as you navigate between pages on the Store Site. Each cookie expires after a certain period of time depending on what we use it for. Cookies are useful because they help us make your experience on the Store Site more enjoyable. For example, they allow us to recognize your device (e.g., your laptop or mobile device) so that we can tailor your experience.
What cookies do we use?
- Strictly Necessary. These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with the Store Site and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Store Site, you cannot refuse them without impacting how the Store Site functions. You may be able to block or delete essential cookies by changing your browser settings.
How do you manage cookies?
Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Store Site and it may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The cookies used on this Store Site, and their purpose, are shown in the following table. [You have the right on the Store Site to manage your preferences.]